Thank you so much to J.Belk @ J.Belk Books for nominating me for the Infinity Dreams Award! This is the first award that I have been nominated for, so I am really thrilled to have been selected for this. I know that there are so many fabulous Book Blogs out there, so I am really proud to have been picked by you. Thanks a lot! 😀
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other Bloggers and set questions for them.
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
Despite the fact that I am an aspiring author, I find it unbelievably hard to write about myself, but I’ll will try my best to successfully compose these 11 facts! Hmmm, let me see:
- I am a fourteen year old, home-educated student.
- I live in the North of England, surrounded by countryside.
- I aspire to be a successful YA author and Journalist when I am older.
- I love animals and I have many pets including a gorgeous Jack Russell Terrier and two budgies.
- So far, I have written four novels and I have won several short story competitions.
- I began blogging in Summer, 2014 and I have loved it ever since!
- I own over a thousand books!
- I love winter time because I enjoy snuggling up in a comfy seat, with a good old book.
- My favourite author is Enid Blyton because she has lit up my childhood with her imaginative literature.
- I love spending time with my family and pets.
- When I’m older I’d love to live on a farm and write books and read all day long!
ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS
Q. If there was a fire and you could only save one book, what book would that be and why?
A. Hmmm, would I pick the most valuable book that I own? My favourite book? The rarest book in my collection? I think I might pick one that means a lot to me and that I have the best memories of. It would be my old battered copy of Enid Blyton’s Poppy Storybook. I remember my Uncle giving me the book on Christmas day one year.
Q. What have you always wanted? Did you get it?
A. I have always wanted to publish one of my stories – ever since I wrote my first novel at the age of nine, and unfortunately, I haven’t yet achieved this goal, but I am only fourteen, so there’s still a lot of hope for me!
Q. Why did you start blogging?
A. I started blogging for a lot of reasons, really. I wanted to make new friends. I thought it would broaden my reading horizons (and that has really worked – I have discovered a lot of new genres since I started blogging). And also, I thought it would be a good experience for me, considering I want to be a Journalist when I’m older.
Q. If you could wake up tomorrow in somebody else’s body, who would it be and what would you do?
A. That’s a really difficult one! Personally, I’m quite happy being who I am, but if it was just for one day, maybe I would like to be the Queen of Britain…?! Just for interests sakes! I would love to know what she did on a baily basis. Or maybe an existing best-selling author to see what their routine would be like.
Q. What are you craving right now?
A. A hot-chocolate with extra cream and marshmallows, a big comfy arm chair and the book that I’m reading right now: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
Q. Marvel or DC? If neither, tell why.
A. I literally had to Google these! I’m not into Comics so it would be neither for me. That is my very boring answer.
Q. Are you a vegetarian? If not, have you ever considered being one?
A. Nope, I’m not a Vegetarian, but I have considered being one. I love animals – I really love them, and sometimes it breaks my heart to think that they have such short lives and we have complete control over them. But I am also a big believer in a healthy, balanced diet and without meat, I don’t think I would be as healthy.
Q. Mountains or Beaches?
A. Beaches. I love to stroll along the sand – side by side with my adorable Jack Russell who loves the beach. I’d like to feel the gentle tide splashing against my toes.
Q. What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it so far?
A. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. And yes, I am thoroughly enjoying it! J.K.Rowling is a fantastic author and her brilliant Harry Potter series will undoubtedly be popular for many years. So far, this one is my favourite! 🙂
Q. Do you believe in ghosts?
A. Yes! When I was little (too young to remember!) apparently, I saw a strange figure in our bathroom. My dad described what I saw to my next-door neighbour and he said that it sounded just like the man who lived there before us (and died in our house). Maybe it was his ghost…?
Q. What is one favourite book from one of your favourite genres?
A. I’m going to pick the genre: horror, and say The Woman In Black by Susan Hill – perfect for this time of year when the weather is slowly getting cooler and the dark nights arrive. I love this book; it is so creepy and haunting. I love the film and I really love the theatre production of it.
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- What is your favourite quote from a book close to heart?
- List some books that you’ve read more than once.
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What was the most memorable book that you read during your childhood?
- What else do you enjoy (when you’ve torn yourselves away from your bookshelves!)?
- Busy Library – or quiet riverside?
- What is the best gift that you’ve ever received?
- Where is the most unusual place that you’ve ever dipped into a book at?
- A stroll on the beach – or a ramble through the woodland?
- Who is the most heroic character you have come across whilst reading?
Apologies if any of my nominees have already been selected. Good luck with your posts and thanks again to J. Belk.