I was nominated by Jessica @ The Awkward Book Blogger for the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers Award! Thank you Jessica, for the nomination: I am really pleased.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions set for you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten new blogs.
- What is one book you planned to read in 2015, but didn’t – and why?
I think that would have to be The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I heard about it and I went out and bought a copy, but reading the blurb, I thought it sounded a little bit depressing, so I put off reading it a couple of times. I’m going to definitely read and review it in early 2016, however.
2. Favourite actor/actress? Singer/ band?
I think my favourite actress would definitely be Jennifer Lawrence – I think she portrayed the character of Katniss Everdeen perfectly. And my favourite singer would be Adele. She is fantastic!
3. What is the prettiest book you own?
A book I reviewed recently – Alice by Christina Henry. I just love the cover!
4. Any weird traditions you do with your friends?
Not really. We often tell spooky stories at sleepovers and stuff.
5. What book would you want a sequel to?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I loved the characters in that book – they were very strong and they made a massive impression on me. I would love to know what happened after all the events in Gone Girl.
6. Dogs, cats of bunnies?
Dogs! I have a lovely Jack Russell Terrier called Dino. We rescued him from Dogs Trust a few years ago and he is gorgeous! I never had a dog before that and I don’t know what we did without him! I am a fan of all three though.
7. Which book/books would you like to see on the big screen?
Oooh – definitely Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children which is lucky because I think there is going to be a film out on that later this year. And The Accident Season. I think that this book has got enormous potential for a film.
8. Any Bookish Pet-Peeves?
No, I don’t think so.
9. What is your favourite word and why?
Serendipity. Not only is the word very pretty, in my opinion, but it also has a very nice and positive meaning.
10. What book or series do you think are very over-hyped?
The Divergent trilogy. A rare case where I prefer the films over the books. The books to me, ramble on a lot and didn’t seem very eventful. The trilogy disappointed me.
I know I’ve only nominated four new blogs, but I struggled to find many blogger who hasn’t already received this award – sorry! 🙂
- What was your favourite book of 2015?
- Have you ever had high expectations of a book and been disappointed?
- Name a book that exceeded your expectations.
- What genre do you usually avoid and why?
- What is your favourite time of day to read?
- What character out of any book do you think is most similar to your own personality?
- How many books would you say you own (roughly)?
- Have you ever written a book and if so, what was it about?
- What is your favourite childhood book?
- If you were an author, who would you want to co-write a book with?
Goodluck with your posts everyone and thanks again for the award, Jessica. 🙂