I’ve been nominated twice for this award! Thanks very much to Jill at Rant and Rave About Books, for nominating me for the Book Fangirling Award! And also thank you to Being A Book Nerd -I really appreciate it. 🙂 I’d recommend you take a look at their blogs – they’re really great! I’ve had a few awards lately, so I’m really pleased! I must be doing something right, haha!! 🙂
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the questions they set for you.
3. Set some new questions.
4. Nominate five new bloggers.
- If you could be friends with any character from a book, movie or TV show, who would it be?
Probably Hermionie Granger from the Harry Potter books. I really like her personality; although she is a little bossy at the beginning of the series, she mellows into a really warm character, who I think would be a really good friend!
- Have you read any books in the past year that have a large following? Do you understand now why they are so popular?
I read the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, but unfortunately, they weren’t really my thing, and I ended up much preferring the films. The books for me, were long and rambling, and they only really went round in circles, in my opinion.
- Which Fandom do you love to hate?
Oooh… (sorry for everyone I offend here, by the way 😉 It’s nothing personal!!) but probably ‘His Dark Materials’ – Philip Pullman – Fandom. I just really don’t like the books, and I can’t really see much to like.
- Are there any books or series you wish for a different ending?
**SPOILERS for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay** Yeah, definitely the Hunger Games trilogy. The ending didn’t take my breath away like the rest of the series. It surprised me a little, how Katniss was abandoned by Gabe and went off with Peeta, and that disappointed me.
- If you could live in any place from any book, where would it be?
I think the obvious choice would be Hogwarts! But then that must be everyone’s first choice, surely? 🙂
My other choice would be Wonderland from Alice’s Adventure’s In Wonderland. Need I go on? 🙂
Being A Book Nerd’s Questions
- A Book that you read years ago but you still fangirl about?
When I was younger, I read tonnes of Enid Blyton books, and there is still a place in my heart for them and I often find myself fangirling about them! Especially Malory Towers and the Famous Five!
- Is there a character or book that everyone loves over, but you?
I’m sort of thinking Katniss from the Hunger Games. I could write a whole essay about this, I think! I really liked her in the first book but then (concerning her relationships) she just seemed to want it all, and I felt sorry for both Peeta and Gabe throughout the series. She just seemed to mess them about and hurt their feelings. I understand that this was partly down to the capitol, but don’t think Katniss should have played along for as long as she did, and she should have just made up her mind!
- Do you read or write fanfiction?
Not really. I prefer to write my own stories.
- A book you loved, but you feel it should be more popular?
It’s difficult to decide between The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle and A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. Both are very unique and mysterious reads that I haven’t actually heard that much about. Definitely worth reading, if you haven’t already read them.
- A character you wish you could marry.
Gabe from the Hunger Games! ❤
- Have you ever been disappointed with a series or book that has had a lot of hype? What was it and why were you disappointed?
- If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only pick one series to accompany you, what would it be?
- When you write a book review, do you use spoilers or not and why?
- If you could ask the author of one book or series to write a sequel, what would it be?
- Have you ever met any famous authors and if you haven’t, who would you like to meet and what would you ask them?
- Jaed @ The Bibliophile Blogs
- Jessica @ The Awkward Book Blogger
- T.K.Lawrence @ Read It Or Not Reviews
- Trish @ Heart Via Pages
- J.Belk @ J.Belk Books
**Feel free to ignore this if you have already received the award!**
Thanks again to Jill and Being a Book Nerd for my nominations! They’re much appreciated and I’ve really enjoyed doing this award. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it!