I was nominated for The Blogger’s Recognition Award by Sammie at Book Shelves and Biros. Thank you very much for nominating me, Sammie, I really appreciate it! Do go and have a look at Sammie’s blog, if you haven’t already come across it – she is a wonderful blogger and I’m sure you will love reading her informative honest reviews just as much as I do! 🙂
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
How Poppy’s Best of Books Started:
I created Poppy’s Best of Books almost two years ago now, and it was a spur of the moment sort of thing, to be quite honest. I didn’t plan on starting a blog, it was just something I felt like doing one day. I suppose I found the idea of building a website quite appealing and also, I wanted to expand on my hobby of writing and reading. Back then I only ever really read children’s books (my favourite author was always Enid Blyton) and I wanted my blog to help me broaden my reading horizons. When I started discovering other people’s blogs and seeing the latest reading trends, I felt like it was time to move on to some YA and Teen fiction, and I’m so glad I did because I have discovered some absolutely fantastic books since. I suppose I also wanted to meet a new community of people who shared the same interests as me, and that has worked out well too, because I have met some amazing people through my blog, and that’s probably the best part of blogging for me. There is no greater feeling of satisfaction that getting lovely feedback from my readers and chatting about all things bookish!
Advice to New Bloggers:
Ok, so there’s loads of advice that I could give you, but I think that these two pieces of advice are the most important:
- Seek out the right audience for your blog: I spent about three months of my blogging experience just waiting for people to happen across my blog and like all my posts, but trust me, that just doesn’t happen! If you want to get new followers and therefore more likes and comments, go and find some blogs that blog about similar things and read and like some or their posts and then hopefully they will return the favour!
- Remember that blogging should be fun! Don’t feel pressured to follow trends and do what everyone else in the blogging world is doing, because that turns what should be a fun activity into a bit of a chore. Write about things that you love and enjoy the experience. For example: if you are a book blogger, don’t feel pressured to go out and buy all the latest books that everyone else is reviewing, because that would cost a lot of money 🙂 and it would also make your blog content boring and too similar to everyone else’s. Make your blog unique!
- Just Page by Page
- A Forest of Books and Memories
- Paint and Butterflies Books
- The Bibliophile Blogs
- Rant and Rave About Books
- Hey Ashers!
- Nightjar’s Jar of Books
- Rattle the Stars
- The SFF Bookshelf
- Between the Lines
- Your Daughter’s Bookshelf
- Opinionated and Bookish
Obviously, if you have already received the award, please feel free to ignore this nomination. 🙂
Thanks very much again to Sammie for my nomination and I hope you enjoyed reading this post!